Joanne Hay is the Associate Director – Service Leadership Team, North APAC at The Executive Centre and works with teams and individuals from across our global network to ensure consistent service and exceptional performance, she developed the internal mentorship program for TEC and is also a Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation. These experiences mean that Jo is incredibly well equipped when it comes to helping people exceed their own expectations and reach new professional heights. Joanne provides one-on-one coaching to various teams and departments throughout TEC’s business and across multiple markets. From directors to operations, accounting and business development teams, Joanne’s coaching covers diverse topics like life, mental well-being, personal and leadership development and more. As part of our commitment to offering our Members innovative and exceptional services, Jo is now available to consult with Members of our extended network to help them develop as leaders and high performers.
What Are The Benefits Of Coaching?
- Enhance Productivity – Coaching is a liberating journey of self-discovery and self-awareness. According to Harvard Business Review, when an individual begins to recognise their actions in the workplace and consider alternative practices, they can effectively commit to more productive behaviour.
- Improve Job Performance – Empowered employees are more likely to perform at a higher level. By providing an open forum to verbalise one’s thoughts, coaching offers clients an opportunity to speak freely. And according to Salesforce research, employees who feel like their voice is heard at work are 4.6 times more likely to feel empowered to perform their best.
- Create Deeper Job Satisfaction – Coaching fosters a sense of intrinsic motivation within clients which leads to a deeper sense of satisfaction in the workplace. According to research from McKinsey, intrinsically motivated employees are 32% more committed to their work and 46% more satisfied with their jobs.
- Develop Leadership Skills – According to Google’s Project Oxygen, being a good coach is the most important behavior a great manager can exhibit
What Does Coaching Mean ?
Joanne explains, “Coaching offers every client a unique journey. My goal is to guide them through this journey by providing a safe environment that allows for honest, open discourse. Such an atmosphere creates awareness by cultivating empathy, understanding, and compassion, important qualities that too often get lost in the scrum of a busy workplace. With clarity and focus, my clients can shift their attention onto what truly matters during moments of choice in both the workplace and in their personal lives. and ultimately realise the best versions of themselves.”
What Should A Coach Offer Their Clients?
- Psychological safety
- Space to foster a sense of significance and belonging
- Tools to cultivate a growth mindset by creating awareness through thought-provoking questions
Joanne’s Expertise and Qualifications
- Coaching – 630+ hours of leadership coaching covering a range of business competencies with focus on leadership development, cultivating a growth mindset and behavioural change.
- Training & Facilitation – 12+ years of experience focusing on leadership training, workplace communication, mentoring and coaching.
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC), International Coach Federation
- Certificate in Professional Coaching Mastery from Transcend International Academy
- Certificate of Professional Coaching from Transcend International Academy
- DiSC® Certified Trainer from DISC ASIA
- A member of the International Coach Federation
You can verify Joanne’s ICF credential via the ICF Member Directory by entering her maiden name “Joanne Li” here.
To learn more about what to expect from coaching or how it could benefit you, contact firstname.lastname@example.org