In this day and age, when work and lifestyles are so fast-paced, we often forget about taking a break and just unwinding. While working hard is great and lucrative for one’s business, one must not underestimate the power of recess. It’s important to take a break, not just in the form an extended holiday, but also on a day-to-day basis at work. Here are some ways in which you can de-stress at work from time to time:
- Take a short walk: Sitting at the desk all day in front of a computer has an adverse effect on your well-being and while it’s unavoidable, there’s no reason you shouldn’t find ways to manage those harmful effects. Take a midday stroll outside of the office, get some fresh air, loosen your muscles and refresh your mind. You’d be surprised at the results.
- Read a book: Set aside half an hour a day to do some reading. Pick a book of your choice – a novel, a comic book, a magazine or anything else that might be of interest to you.
- Take a power nap: If you’re the slightest bit stressed at work, it’s nothing that a quick nap can’t solve. Typically, a power nap is between twenty to thirty minutes long and can be taken just before your tea or coffee break. And when you wake up, you’re sure to feel recharged and refreshed.
- Solve a puzzle: While you sip on your evening cup of coffee or tea, open the puzzles’ section of the newspaper and go crazy. Whether it’s a crossword that catches your fancy or a Sudoku grid that catches the eye, solving a puzzle will help you get back to your work routine with more concentration.
- Listen to a few tunes: Sometimes all you need are a few songs to motivate you to work more efficiently. Ideally, some feel-good music should do the trick but if your taste is on the heavier side, then listen to whatever soothes your soul as long as you’re all set to work stress-free for the rest of the evening.
Not only do you want yourself to stay relaxed and motivated at work, but you also want to create an atmosphere for your employees so that they’re never low on morale and always motivated to excel and go the extra mile. And for all of this to be possible, you will require the perfect office space. If you’re looking for an all-to-yourself serviced office in Delhi, or a co-working or shared office space in Delhi, get in touch with us and we’ll ensure your work, as well as recess, are taken care of.