Terms & Conditions | Meeting Room
The following definitions apply in these Terms & Conditions:
- Business Day: a day other than Saturday, a Sunday or a public holiday when banks are open for business and falls within the centre’s operating hours.
- The Executive Centre (TEC): operates across the Asia Pacific and the Middle East under various legally registered entities, and shall hereby be correlated with the trade name “The Executive Centre” only throughout these Terms & Conditions, for easy reference.
- Client: anyone or any entity who reserves or makes payments online and is approved for the usage of the Meeting Room space.
- TEC Team: refers to members of staff within TEC, more specifically to the Engagement Team or the Meeting & Events (M&E) Team.
BOOKING SPACE / USER HIRE
- The Client, its officers, staff, agents, and guests must not use the Meeting Room before or after the designated time booked. Failing to adhere to the stipulated booking times will result in incurring additional costs which shall be payable by the Client to TEC (and all its entities registered across the TEC Network) at TEC’s listed rates.
- The Client is not allowed to sublet or transfer the usage of the Meeting Room booking to any other individual or any part thereof.
- The Meeting Room usage is only limited to the number of people stated in the booking. Any additional persons may incur an additional charge, payable by the Client.
- Meeting Room bookings made via the TEC website outside of business days will be held on a tentative status and confirmed by TEC Team if the booking has been accepted.
- If TEC is unable to accept the booking outside of business days, TEC will communicate with the Client to rearrange for the next best available timing, date, or venue.
The Client’s activity will not:
- Erode the core moral values of society including but not limited to the promotion of permissive lifestyles and depictions of the obscenity of graphic sexual conduct.
- Denigrate or debase any person, group, or class of individuals based on race or religion or serve to create conflict or misunderstanding.
- Disparage or demean government bodies, public institutions, or national leaders and/or subvert national security or stability.
- TEC is not liable for any legal responsibility arising from the Clients’ activities.
- If the activity contains materials and the contents (including any written, verbal, graphic / image production, or other formats), of which the copyright belongs to other parties / organisations, the Client is responsible to obtain prior written consent from the copyright owner for its use and to enable TEC to carry out the process of the booking.
- The Client shall have no control over any staff of TEC. Any disagreement with any member of staff or misbehaviour on the part of the staff should be reported to the M&E Team who will thereafter deal with the matter.
- TEC acknowledges that the Client may bring in their own consumable food and beverages within the Meeting Room space for which TEC has the right to charge an additional cleaning service fee.
- The booking may be affected by local weather arrangements, before, during and after the booking. It is the Client’s duty to understand these arrangements prior to the Meeting Room usage by contacting the local TEC Team.
SAFETY AND MAINTENANCE
- The Client should report all injuries of guests or any other party, as well as damages to the Meeting Room to TEC staff on-site, immediately.
- The Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras record video footage and monitor the venue entrance area 24 hours a day. Only to the extent required by law, TEC may be authorised to view the video tapes and the videotapes may be passed to government bodies or law enforcement agencies or other bodies as may be required by applicable law, as considered necessary by TEC for the sole purposes of ensuring security, preventing, and detecting crime and ensuring the proper uses of the venue.
- The Client shall be responsible for the reasonable cost of repairing or replacing damaged or destroyed (fair wear and tear excepted) on walls, floors, property, or equipment in the Meeting Room which damage or loss was directly and solely caused by the Client or its authorised users during the booking.
PAYMENT & LOCAL TAXES
- If the Client has not paid the full amount for the Meeting Room booking (prior to the usage), TEC reserves the right to release the booking and offer the Meeting Room to others.
- The Client is responsible for paying all costs in relation to the activities to be held.
- A fixed rate of 1.5% per month will be charged for late payments on the overall outstanding fees. The Client must settle the overdue payment and the fixed rate within 1 month, or TEC reserves the right to take further legal action as deemed fit.
- 100% prepayment is required prior to the Meeting Room usage unless already paid for in full and confirmed through the TEC website. Any booking time scheduled but not used during the meeting, function or event will not be refundable under any circumstances. Any booking time unpaid will be charged to the designated payee.
- The Client shall pay for all bank charges, exchange rate differences, currency adjustments and other such charges related to Meeting Rooms.
- If a charge is declined or reversed by the credit card issuer, the Client agrees to pay TEC a service charge to reimburse TEC for all reasonable costs incurred.
- Clients who select to pay by credit card irrevocably authorise TEC, to deduct from the Client’s credit card the booking fee, plus any relevant tax payable or any additional charges incurred during the booking.
- The Meeting Room price is as per stated at checkout and is non-negotiable. Additional charges will be based on the extra onsite consumption for drinks (excluding coffee, tea, and tap water), printing, and I.T. support / secretarial support.
- The Client shall pay 100% of the catering amount incurred if the event is cancelled, under any situation.
- Extra-conditioning outside of business days will incur additional charges and rates are available upon request. Additional Meeting Room space rental or other service usage will be charged at TEC’s listed rates.
- The Meeting Room booking fee via the TEC website is inclusive of local taxes. If any goods or services are further supplied during the time of the booking, this shall be taxable, and TEC must provide the Client with a valid invoice usable for taxation purposes and the Client must pay an additional amount to TEC which is equal to the consideration payable by the Client for the relevant supply multiplied by the prevailing local tax rate. This includes taxes, stamp duties, or other documentary fees.
CANCELLATION POLICY AND TERMINATION
- Force Majeure – If the booking should be affected due to acts of war, health, and safety issues in cities in which the activity takes place, with the official announcement by related organizations or Government units, or any unforeseen reasons, TEC will hold the right to cancel the booking, without any liability. However, if so requested, TEC will make every reasonable endeavour to propose a possible transfer of the booking to another booking space, date, or time.
- TEC accepts no responsibility for any cancellation by the Client. Any cancellation of the Meeting Room booking will result in a 100% cancellation booking charge. TEC will not provide a refund, whether in a partial or full amount for the total amount charged.
- The Client must notify the TEC Team 2 working days before the booking starts to apply the rescheduling policy. The Meeting Room booking can be rescheduled up to 1 time only and within a 3-month period, at no additional charge. Rescheduling is not guaranteed and is based on the availability of the space requested.
- If the Client has benefited from a special discount, promotion, or offer, TEC holds the right to discontinue the provided discount, promotion, or offer without notice if the terms and conditions are breached at any time.
TEC holds the right to terminate this agreement with immediate effect, if:
- There is a change of control of the other party.
- An inappropriate activity or incident is conducted by the Client within the Meeting Room space.
- The Client commits a material breach stated in this agreement, which the breach is irremediable or fails to remedy that breach within a period of 10 days after being notified to do so.
- The Client suspends, or threatens to suspend, payment of its debts or is unable to pay its debts as they fall due or admits inability to pay its debts or is deemed unable to pay its debts.
COMPLIANCE AND LIABILITY
The Client is recommended by TEC to maintain, at its own expense with a reputable insurance company, third-party public liability insurance in a sufficient amount which shall be equivalent to all potential and actual risks incurred; and all other insurances as needed given the nature of this Agreement or reasonably required by law.
- The Client understands that third-party public liability insurance acquired by TEC shall not be extended to / or cover the Client and its guests should any claims be made against the Client.
TEC shall not be legally responsible and indemnified from any:
- Loss or damage to any item, equipment, furniture, funds, or any other property brought onto TEC premises prior to, during and after the Meeting Room booking or other businesses conducted within the premises.
- Accidental bodily injury to any individual arising from food or beverages supplied as a service for consumption or brought into the Meeting Room space.
- Claim of infringement on any Intellectual Property Rights, actual or alleged to have occurred.
- Consequences of any wilful default under this agreement or any abandonment of this Agreement.
TEC reserves the right to revise or amend the “Meeting Room Online Bookings – Terms & Conditions” and fees at any time without prior notice to the Client.
- These Terms & Conditions are in the English language, if these Terms & Conditions are translated into any other language, the English language version shall prevail.
- Any notice given to TEC under / or in connection with these Terms & Conditions should be provided and received by TEC in writing.
- The Client undertakes to exercise due care to ensure the name “The Executive Centre” or “TEC” will not be used, mentioned, or reproduced in any of their productions, businesses, products, promotions, advertisements, or activities in relation to the hire of the Meeting Room, that will in the opinion of the public, lower the dignity of The Executive Centre, as a company.
- The Client shall at all times keep confidential, and ensure that its guests and other parties shall keep confidential, any sensitive information that it or they may acquire in relation to the business, operations, and affairs of TEC, including any pricing rates extended to you. Such information may not be disclosed to any third parties except with written consent by TEC.
- TEC will not disclose any email, payment details, business information, or any other relevant information shared with TEC by the Client or its guests to external sources without your explicit permission.
- Data may be collected or generated from the Client about them in the ordinary course of the continuation and operation of courses and accounts and the provision of other services.
- TEC may disclose confidential and data private information, without explicit permission where required by Law, a court of competent jurisdiction or any governmental or regulatory authority.